DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, November 3, 2008

Reaction To The Election Of 2008!! (Blog #11)

With the historical election of 2008 upon us, many will have strong feelings as to the results and the subsequent direction of our country.

Your Assignment:

React to the campaigns, the election itself, and the results. Also, do not forget about the other positions of office up for grabs, as well as the different measures that voters will be deciding upon. Make sure and comment on others comments and posts.

**Please be respectful and do not violate the posting rules. Those who violate these rules will not be published and will receive a 0/3.


Due: Sunday 11/9/o8 by 11:59 p.m.

32 comments:

  1. Before I state my opinion I wish to express my congrats to those supporting whoever wins the election.

    Ok, now, first reactions to campaigns. There was too much mudslinging between the candidates. Everyone pulled punches that really didn't concern, in my opinion, anything involving the future leader. I know some part of politics is to make your opponent look bad but to do it without any concern for the people is totally distorted.

    Now for the election itself. A lot of scandal has befallen the election with the absentee votes. This could play a major factor in whoever gets elected. This will more than likely cause a controversy in the very near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. curt i think you have a very good point

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m really glad the elections are over it was taking a toll on my sleep….jk. But seriously, there finally over and I think America’s decision was good. I think Obama will maybe give America some change that it really needs. Also think it’s a good sign that other countries love him. This will make it easier for us to compromise with other countries.I think this whole election was in God hands and his decision has been made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the campaigns were really good. Its great to see us making history with this and i hope he will make our nation look better so yea!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well i think that McCain's campaigns wern't that bad, but i do think he is not going to be president because of old age. Obama's campains had his illegal relavive. Doesn't surprise me at all. He also has a brother in Kenya who makes $1.00 a month.
    He doesn't even care out his own relatives. America thinks he is going to care about the U.S? I don't think he is going to last long as president.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think alot of people were expecting McCain to win but it turned out to be differently. The whole time the eletion was going on, I just knew that Obama was going to be our next president. I think that people were just ready for change and thats kinda what it seemed that Obama was too. Its been 8 years since a Democratic President and people were just looking for someone new to try to turn our country around. I can’t really see Obama running our country, but I think he’ll do a better job than McCain would’ve. I don’t know how well that Obama will do with foreign issues, but I’m sure he’ll get the hang of things and do fine. He’s entering office with a lot of problems in our nation and I just hope that he thinks about the future of America when he starts to make the decisions that are going to affect future generations down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To Curt: Great Job, you tolded us how you felt about the election and campaigns.
    To Kodi: You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say I'm a little confused with the whole right of Gay marriages. Personally, I don't believe in it but isn't it somewhat morally wrong to tell someone they can't love someone else. I mean isn’t America all about freedom of choice? They’re not hurting anyone so why should anyone care?

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all respect to all the Americans who voted this year, most since 1908! That's great. I think it was very interesting for me to be here while this big election thing but it’s nice, that we finally got a result now, even when lots of people don't like! I didn't see a lot about the campaigns but if I would go, after what I saw about the candidates in Germany Obama deserved to win, because when he made a real big visit in Berlin, McCain stayed home and made a visit in a German sausage restaurant. I think on the one hand its good, that Obama won, because he had some ideas I really liked, but so did McCain, too. But actually I'm kind of afraid to have a Muslim president. Actually I really like the idea that on some mysterious way Sarah Palin gets president and I think she is running for president the next time anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am happy that Oboma won. Not only because we need change in the white house, and i believe he is the one with the right changes to make, but this is a big step for the american republic. the wold also agrees with me that oboma is the one for the job. the olny thing that i really dont like about the whole election is that there are stupid people out there and i really dont want to see an honest man working hard to better our country and our world get shot and killed. i also dont want that to happen because i think Joe Biden is an idiot and i think he would run our coutry to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeremy, that is really kinda racist. It's not whats on the outside it's whats on the inside that counts and it's people like you who need to take a second look at our world.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well first off I am very glad that this election is over. I got very sick of hearing about it all the time. I believe that these elections were very important to our countries future. There was a lot at steak and it was all up to us.
    I'm not very happy about how it turned out. Obama scares me. Like with all the things that have came up about his past. First off he has been associated with his pastor who is very racist for more than 20 years and he is friends with guy who tried to bomb some of the capitol buildings. Also, he supports abortion, which I am totally against. I don't really think he is patriot enough and hasn't had enough experience on Capitol Hill. He has only been there for 4 years and 2 of those years he spent on the campaign trail. Also Obama doesn't have very much military experience and doesn’t know what its like to serve his country. Anyway I hope he does a good job because we can't really do anything about it now and that is what the people wanted, so I wish him the best and hopefully he has enough wisdom to do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Curt i dont think that the point of the canidents trying to make each other look bad is anything important. All they are trying to do is show why they are the better one to run our country

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a very big politics person, but i watched and heard enough to know that this election was a rather touchy one. I personally was rooting for John McCain because he made more practical sense to me. Obama had some good points throughout his campaign and change will be good as long as it doesn't completely wash out all the things developed back in the day. He needs to really think about what he does before he changes something because one wrong move could bring our whole country down. I do think it's great that a black person finally got office because i'm definetely not racist or anything, I just wish it would have been somebody who knew more about what he was doing. Also, I think that the Vice Predidential candidates had a great impact on my decision too. I really liked Sarah Palin and think she would've made a great leader if something would have happened to McCain. However, I don't care much for Biden. I guess the elecion is over and there's nothing we can do about it now. I just hope that Obama makes wise decisions and doesn't lead our country into the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the election went over rather well. With most people concentrating on the vice presidents, so that's the reason I'm glad Obama won. I DID NOT WANT A WOMAN AS A PRESIDENT WHAT SO EVER! I think no matter who was elected, we would be in a world of trouble. I never really agreed with either candidates but if push came to shove I was going for Obama. I didn't really much attention to the campaigning so I can't really say much about that. I guess I didn't care that much about it so. All in all really I'm pretty excited McCain didn't win but I'm not all thrilled that Obama won either. I hope he can just run our country for the best. And that's about all I can say about it so!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dani: I really agree with you! I hope he gives us what we need!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeremy that is really racist. it dosent matter the color of their skin as long as they want to better our country and better our would then they have every right to be our president. The prseidanct is vited in by the poeple and the people spoke strongly for Oboma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dani I agree that the election was God's decision. He has his reasons for Obama winning, we just have to wait paiently to figure out what exactly they are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeremy you don't really have a good reason to why we shouldn't have a black man there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My reaction to the campaigns is that they (McCain and Obama)both did alot of bashing toward each other and it got really old really fast. Has for the election i don't know much really about it all i know is that Obama won and I guess it really doesn't matter to me who won i just want someone who going to try and fix whats been happening these last couple years.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well Jeremy, I really think that you don’t get the big picture. Everyone gets the chance to vote, and whites make up the majority of the United States. Obviously, that really isn’t the issue. How would you feel if you were in another country and the majority of the people weren’t the same color as you were, and you couldn’t do certain things or eat somewhere because the people who resided in that country weren’t the same race as you. You wouldn’t consider that fair or expect that to happen. You need to think about the big picture before you react so quickly. Everyone is a human no matter what their skin color is and obviously the majority of the people in the country we live in think the same way because the citizens of the United States voted in a colored president knowing he’s no better or worse than any person of different color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. to jeremy: I think you should think a bit more about, what you say! Seems like you were really abset about everything that is new, so what would you if a woman got president??!
    to Dani: That's a good point, that other countries like Obama, and hopefully he will bring the change we are waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think you are right Dani. I guess gay marriage hasn't really bugged me alot, I just wrong to not allow someone to do what they want to do.
    To Curt Very nice point.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That hurts, no one wants to leave a comment on what Joe has to say. always leavin me out. but any way, to dani i think if ur gay and wanna get married go ahead, but i also think that it is the states decision to make the gay or no gay marrige.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think it is really neat to be witnessing such a historically significant election. The fact that Barrak Obama has won the election shows us that the U.S. has ushered in a new era, with regards to opportunity. Whether you like Obama or not, the position of President has to be respected. The trials and tribulations that the President will face must not be overlooked. Our country faces difficult challenges, only to be overcome by a unified effort by all Politicians and Americans alike.

    ReplyDelete
  26. To Dani,

    This blog was supposed to be opinion oriented. So, it won't be suprising if opinions clash. For instance, your insight and Jeremy's. Jeremy stated what he felt and your opinion was differnt. I guess what I'm trying to say is your judging Jeremy's opinion. Which is cool, but you can't really opinioniate his opinion with your own. Your insights different because of morals and values taught to you. Whhich we all are really taught the same morals and values but viewing them is individually different.

    ReplyDelete
  27. To Joe,

    Hey bud, first of all, if mudslinging is supposed to show us who is better to run the country then I could spread rumors to prove i could be the president. You see what i'm trying to say. Presidential candidates shouldn't be able to slander each other to prove their ability because all it says to me is that they are desperate and wil do anything to get presidency.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, I didn't really care who turned out to be the president because either way I don't think anybody can get us out of this financial slump. However, if Obama does somehow put us back in the green then he, of course, will be praised. I still have a weird hunch about Obama being Muslim, his middle name being Hussein, and his name rhyming with the infamous man who strategized to blow down our World Trade Center only 7 years ago. The way I look at the presidential election this year is picking the lesser of 2 evils. I mean had John McCain been elected he would have had a heart attack within the first 2 years and Obama is probably going to be assassinated. So, I guess you look at who has the best vice presidential candidates, and looking down that road is even worse (even though Sarah Palin is a babe)! The election I was most interested in and was happy about was the election of Nebraska native Mike Johanns as senator. It's good to have some people from Nebraska start to respresent us and get into some power within the federal government.
    Jeremy, I'm not going to attack you like the rest of them did, because I too don't believe we should be ran by somebody such as Barack Obama. This is for many reasons unsaid, but as you all are thinking I'm racist, I would have been thrilled to have Martin Luther King Jr. as our president.
    Max, can you really be honest when saying that people were expected McCain to win? Obama started off strong and never backed down it was inevitable that he was going to win. I don't know if you really know what Barack Obama's view are on abortion and gay marriage otherwise I believe you wouldn't be so in love with him. But hey, that's my opinion and that's your opinion. I just really don't think Obama can "Change" the U.S. other than in the the direction we shouldn't be going.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I personally am ok with the outcome of the president. I felt like either way there is going to be some problems, but isn't that the way it is with every president? I would have enjoyed seeing Sarah Palin in office, but I think that Obama and Biden will do a fine job. Who knows maybe a change from parties will be good for America and it's falling economy. And personally I am just glad they are over because now everyone can stop picking on Mandi. I'm just a little disappointed no one voted for the Nebraska party :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm truly happy that Barack Obama won and although their are hundreds of reasons for or against either of the canditates. I will piont out two that stuck in my mind 1. That John McCain supported Goerge Bush ninty percent of the time is the major reason if I could have voted I wouldn't have voted for him because I think George Bush was one of the worst things that has happened to America. 2. I think McCain choosing Sara Palin was a ploy to get women voters and to use sex appeal in the election because she even if she was an idiot as Colton stated earlier she was a babe. So I'm am very excited that Obama one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know mine is really late...but I would like to say that to me, it didn't really matter who won president. I don't think either one of them should have. Obama is for change which is good; maybe thats what America needs is change. On the other hand, McCain fought in wars and has been a political being for years, unlike Barack(?) who has only been in for a few years. All I know is that I'm glad it wasn't Hilary! =]...Diven, I didn't know that about Obama! You have a good point! $1.00 a month?? Thats horrible!...Jeremy, I think you know what I'll say, you are rude! And Curt, Dani was also just stating her opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!