DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Welcome Back (Blog #1)

1). Welcome back for another exciting year! I hope your summer went well and you had time to do whatever it is you do. For this first blog assignment, you are to tell a little bit about your summer. Did you go on vacation, if so where? Work, doing what? Anything that you did this summer that your classmates may, or may not know. If you are new, introduce yourself.

2 & 3). Watch the videos below and comment on each one.

*Election of 1860

*Emancipation Proclamation



Due: Sunday 8/29/10 by no later than 11:59pm

20 comments:

  1. This summer I worked at the same place i did last year. I didnt do much but thats what i did this summer. I also went to colorado to water world that was my vacation. Thats what i did this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer was actually really boring. I visited my sister's house in Genoa for a few weeks and got a new godson/nephew while i was there. I spent alot of all nighters over at lacey's just talking. I started working at the nursing home as a cook's aide this summer.

    Andrew Jackson made pet banks so that the banks wouldnt run out of money so they didnt have another panic. This was a good idea because than more people could take out more loans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first thing i did this summer was partied with derek. i worked a little and went to the pool.i worked for heath johnson for about 2 weeks......then i spent my money on my dirtbike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked on a ranch north of Burwell from the start of July to the start of football. Then I did 2 a day and conditioning and all that other stuff.

    Andrew Jackson employed the spoils where he gave friends and party supporters government jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to go to Wyoming during a summer trip and I got to see a green rattlesnake. I also got to go to Alaska and it was also amazing. I also got to pour concrete this summer.

    One of Jackson's policies would be the Indian Removal Act the relocated indians out of the fertile land to the land of Oaklahoma. This resulted in the trail of tears where there was a lot of pain, hunger, and some indians even died. A lot of indians had to be moved by force because of leaders like Osceola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i went to washington dc and canada i was gone for rodeos most of the summer and inbetween rodeos i worked for ross land and cattle and for my dad at home

    sopils system where he gave supporters good jobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did alot of things this summer. Some included going to Washington D.C., volleyball and basketball camps, celebrating my 16th birthday at the Mall of America and going to Texas for a week. I also went on the mission trip and hung out with friends. I still cant believe summer is over and school has started. Oh and for those of you that don't know me im Kailey.

    One of Andrew Jackson's policies included the pet banks. Which were state banks that Jackson deposited money to because they supported him. Its caused the Panic of 1837.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer was boring, as usual. i drove to north platte, and cozad a lot. Abbi, Sydney, Jamie and I hung out. we didnt do much. i went to Washington d.c. which was a lot of fun. i stayed with my grandma in miller for about a week. i swam a lot, and fished. we had a bunch of people out for our "turkey fry." that was stupid. i met a guy named Beau who scared me when he laughed. it was rather obnoxious. my niece, Layla, came down a couple times. she is getting so big. i took abbi and sydney to a lot of places. and a i got to see Mariah too.

    One of Jacksons policies was to relocate the indians in the southeast. they occupied land that was fertile and white farmers wanted it. so he removed them, mostly by force. this resulted in the Trail of tears, where 4,000 cherokee indians died, and the Second Seminole War. this was one fo the most costly indian wars in US history.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to my mom's house right after school and had a pretty fun time with my bother and little cuzin. then i came back home and did summer league bball. then i went back to my moms house for 4th of july and had another good time in kansas. then i can back and did weights. and then i went to my cuzins house a couple times thats about it.
    Jackson's monetary policies helped cause the economic crisis of the late 1830s.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went on the Washington DC trip and right after that I went to Las Vegas for my sisters gradutaion. They came back with us on the plane. I dog sat for Bakers and cat sat for a lady my mom works with. We went camping a few times. We took Amanda to college at Iowa State. We also took Christina to college at UNK.


    Jackson put money in the state banks called pet banks instead of putting it in the federal banks. This policy caused an economic crisis. The federal bank didn't have enough money to pay back the loans they gave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No real vacation. Moved tori into college. She is attending midland lutheran college. I worked at the pool as a lifeguard. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My summer was the best summer I've had!! :) I was busy and most of what I did was fun!! In May I went to Wisconsin to see family in Rice Lake. Stayed at my Great Aunt and Uncle's farm while I was there. In June I went to Nebraska Land Days to see Rodney Atkins. He was amazing! I babysat for 3 different families. One set of kids were not fun to look after...at all!!!!! Then I went on the Mission Trip to Omaha, then went to the lake with my friend Kayla and her family for a week! Went to Burwell's rodeo..fun times. Was in Taylor quite a bit. Fun memories there!! Then at the end of July went to California to see friends and family. Went to my cousin's wedding. Most gorgeous wedding I had ever been to!! I also went to Alaska on a cruise!! That was the best part of my summer!! :) :) :) :)

    Pet Banks which led to the Panic of 1837! (Andrew Jackson)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My summer started off with a trip to Omaha for State track, then a trip to D.C. After that it was a big cake of BORING with a frosting of painting old peoples rooms and a sprinkle of going to the lake. Other than some 8 or so camps, that was about it.

    Andrew Jackson passed the Indian Removal Act to push Native Americans further west. He claimed it was for their own safety but in reality it was to make more room for Americaans to settle. The result of this was that many Indians fought back and most died along the trail of tears.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, my summer was kinda boring but busy. We worked a lot: we fenced, checked pastures, treated cattle, and painted. We did go on a vacation though, we went to Denver, Colorado. We saw a Rockies game, that was exciting. We went white water rafting. Awesome. Only we had a guide so we didn't get to go very fast because we had to wait for the other people. My siblings and I were in one raft and the 'rents were in another with some other family. I would so advise going white water rafting, it's so much fun. We were on a level four. Fives are really hard and sixes are pretty much out of the question. None of our guides have ever done it. My classmates may or may not know that I used to have a gaped tooth, but I finally got it fixed this summer. I took part of a math class this summer. I helped my sisters move. I went to our mission trip, that was fun. Last but not least I did volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went to D.C. the first part of my summer which was alot of fun!! I worked at the pool all summer and got a nice tan! I went to 4 vball camps, 4 bball camps and 1 cheercamp this summer so I was really buisy running all over. I also went to a bible camp up at merritt that I go to every year which is a blast!!!! I did summer weights and fast camp and that kept me buisy also. I went to the lake a couple of times which I love to do! Summer was pretty fun this year but it wents by pretty fast :(........................Pet during the panic 1837 he lent loans to the banks. Then the banks would have to pay him back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This summer I came to America from Japan.I am exchange student.I'm sixteen now,I'll be seventeen in November.I love singing,playing the trombone,eating,shopping,sleeping,and talking with my friends.
    I want to have fun in callaway high school this school year.Nice to meet you.

    One of Jackson's policies was the Indian Policy. In 1830,Congress passed the Indian Removal Act. The purpose of this act was to move the Indians tribes living east of the Mississippi river to Territories in present-day Oklahoma. Under this law, the Indians were given Western lands, money to live on and protection from the government.

    The effects of this policy gave the Indian's land to white farmers. It created the Trail of Tears where over 4,000 Cherokees died. Lands today where Indians are located are called reservations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this summer was very short for me, I worked alot during the day and played alot during the night haha...Jackson made spoils systems that gave people government jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of the policies was the spoils system which gave jacksons supporters a job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. During the summer i did pretty much nothing, except work. I started at coop at the end of July. I also went on the Washington D.C trip. It was a blast, except for Bob, and that Scottish dude!.

    One of Andrew Jackson's policies was the spoils system. It was a way of Andrew Jackson to reward his supporters, by giving them government jobs. Regardless of their background, education, or knowledge of polotics. This ultimately effected the efficiency of the way the government ran.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just worked up in burwell again in the hay fields doing the same thing i did last year.

    Andrew Jackson, spoils system, gave his supporters jobs in the government and it made the government worse with him doing that beacuse most of the people he gave jobs to didn't know what they were doing.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!