DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Debate (Blog #5)





Your Assignment:

1). Pick any topic of your choice and state your opinion on that issue/topic. It needs to be a topic with which some historical context can be brought forth.

2). Read the posts of two (2) classmates and reply to their post. You can reply to more than two (2) if you would like. State whether you agree or disagree with their post.


Due: Sunday 9/26/10 by no later than 11:59pm

27 comments:

  1. 1. The great depression would have been a scary time to live in. It would be annoying to have to wait in really long lines at soup kitchens just so you could have something to eat that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think to live in the time after the civil war would have been bad excepally if i was black because the discriminaitoin was horrible.
    Darcie: I agreee with you it would be annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darcie I agree with you..i mean when our ecomnomy went down it was bad but jus imagine it was twice as worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it would be cool to go back to the western times...and jessica that would suck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Martin Luther King JR. was assanated it was because he was trying to abolish segragation, when Abramham Lincoln was assasnated it was because he was trying to abolish slavery coincidence i think not

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica: I agree but in some ways it had its ups from what it was.
    Darcie: I also agree we have it good now and to wait in such a long line for such a little amount of food would suck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristina: I agree i think people in every generations society have to deal with how their parents and grandparents raised them to think about racisum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. My topic is about the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico i think that the should burn the oil tell it is all out of the ocean so it doesnt pollute the ocean anymore than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think if you had to live in time of the civil war. It would of been a really hard time to live in. I am glad i live in the time that i do now. I would of espescially not of wanted to be a black in that time because you would of been really treated like crap.

    Darcie i agree with you that would of sucked.
    Kristina: i agree that they were both trying to get rid of segragation and got killed for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my topic I think their has been a lot of pollution such as gas burning cars, trash on the ground and the factories all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abbi:I like it too I realy dig the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristina: i dont think it was a coincedence ether because they were trying to speak up of what was right and people didnt like it so they killed them because they kept getting closer to freeing the blacks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2. Jessica I agree I would hate to be black after the Civil War.

    Kristina I agree I think some people will always hate blacks which is really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1- I THINK THAT DURING THE WOLRD WARI DRAFT WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY TOUGH TIME FOR SOME FAMILIES.
    2- DARCIE: I AGREE THAT THE GREAT DEPRESSION WOULD HAVE BEEN A SCARY TIME FOR FARMER WITH LOTS OF CROPS.
    JESSICA: I AGREE THAT THE CIVIL WAR WOULD BE A BAD TIME FOR THE BLACKS

    ReplyDelete
  15. 1. I think of the Civil War because we were just talking about it. But i wonder about my family and friends. Did they agree with slavery or disagree? What would it be like now if we still had slavery and no one stepped up and took a stand?
    2.Darcie: Do you know how hard it would of been for me to stand in line that long and wait for food. We are so privleged anymore.
    Kristina: My post somewhat related. I don't know if i could of stood up like that and risked my life and my families life,

    ReplyDelete
  16. i would have to say the civil rights movement. if we didnt have martin luthern king back in the day black people today will probly wont have the rights they have today.

    darcie to be honest i agree with you thats the truth

    cody i agree with you to that would be hard time for those familys

    ReplyDelete
  17. i would have to say the civil rights movement. if we didnt have martin luthern king back in the day black people today will probly wont have the rights they have today.

    darcie to be honest i agree with you thats the truth

    cody i agree with you to that would be hard time for those familys

    ReplyDelete
  18. i would have liked 2 live in the 1880's. technologies were growing by leaps and bounds and the "wild west" would have been cool to be a part of!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. darcie-i agree it would have been scary but it would have presented many new opportunites.

    ReplyDelete
  20. jessica-the civil war would have been very hard to live in just because of the fact that there wast no fence to ride. ether you want slavery(south), or you wanted freedom(north), nothing in between!

    ReplyDelete
  21. in world war 2 would have to be hard time for most of the peope.On June 6, 1944 (D-Day), as part of a massive military operation, over 150,000 Allied soldiers landed in France, which was liberated by the end of August. ithink that d day would have been hard for all the soldiers that landed in france.

    darcie i agree with u, i would not want to wait a long time for food.

    jessica i agree wit u, it would be hard to live after the civil war.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the Civil War because it would of been a scary time.
    I agree with darcie and michala, the great depression would of been scary and slavery was not good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vietnam would have been tough for guys like me not knowing when we turn eighteen if we would be forced into the war.

    ReplyDelete
  24. i agree with jessica after working to gain freedom it would be hard to be treated the same as before the war

    ReplyDelete
  25. Clints: I think whether Martin Luther King Jr was apart of the civil rights or not that blacks still would of earned more rights

    ReplyDelete
  26. I thimk that livimg in the time of the civil war would of been hard if you were black because there was discrimination,

    ReplyDelete
  27. Darcie i agree it would have been scary.


    Kelsey i agree it would of been hard to live during the civil war

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!