DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Friday, February 17, 2012

American History (Blog #25)




Your Assignment:

I am going to open it up for debate on whatever topic you want to blog about. Pick a AMERICAN HISTORY related topic and state your opinion/thoughts on that topic. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!


Due: Sunday 2/19/12 by no later than 11:59 p.m.

26 comments:

  1. Do you think that President Hoover should have been re-elected? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1)today i am going to talk about 9/11 was bad and we need to make things better for the people that were effected by this tragic accident and slavery thats a no-no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think america should go back to rugged individualism again. becasue the country we are in is just ramming ourselfs into the ground.

    whitney hustin died. you cant do anything about it so quit talking about it. she got what she deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. racism, racism is be coming big the united states today . i think we should stop racism

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that slavery should have never happened. I understand that people back then don't have the relationships with multi-racial people that we do today, but just because they are a specific color or talk a specific way doesn't give anybody the right to mistreat them. It shouldn't have been that hard to get that thought acrossed peoples heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that we should blog about the history of sports in America. They are an important part of our american culture both today and during the time of the great depression

    ReplyDelete
  7. carson... I think we definitely need some changes but I don't think rugged individualism is the answer. I think something such as taxing the rich more money would help a lot in our economy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The United States presidential election of 1932 took place in the midst of the Great Depression that had ruined the promises of President Herbert Hoover to bring about a new era of prosperity. Economics was dominant, and the sort of cultural issues that had dominated previous elections were dormant.
    the election on the president in 1932 was praticaly woned by roosevelt because he say that hoover did was nothi9ng good and anything about what he said he want

    ReplyDelete
  9. Benjamin Franklin and the invention of the lightening conductor was a wonderful american history related thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Derek, Hoover should not have been re-elected because I believe that FDR did enough to stimulate the country and the economy. Hoover would've failed again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. derek, he should of stayed the country back then needed to learn from their mistakes.

    riley we are all racist some people just open their mouth more than others

    ReplyDelete
  12. Riley.. I agree that racism is very bad also. That is why there are laws against it. Nothin much more that can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oil prices. I think the price should be like $.02 a gallon. This would help the American economy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carson: That's a little harsh and what does it have to do with American History?

    Riley: How is racism any worse today than it was during the civil rights movement when they used seperate facilities?

    ReplyDelete
  15. levi(jeff) i thing your idea is really good and we should has article about the american sports or the all world sports.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1.The sports in america now and back then. sports are a good part of our culture and will be around for a long time. people way back when have watched sports and even played them in high school and even college just like todays culture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Derek, thats not current.

    Marc, that doesnt date back.

    Riley, you need to learn grammer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Levi, the sports are one of the most important parts of our culture today and we should discuss how they have started in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marc Today i am going to read your post. ok im done now. i agree with your post and move to strike. i also believe that such an ordeal withdrawls the nessisary perdiciments for the modern society.

    Derek, I agree. because i just do. he should have been reelected because rugged individualism is good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Actually learning about history through sports would be cool. I think I have a video that we need to watch about sports.

    ReplyDelete
  21. grant i like it . Derek toataly true.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Slavery is starting to reappear. This is bad. I dont think that slavery is good for America or any country. This will ruin the realationship between black and whites, that we have worked so hard for.

    Tanner, I agree.

    Levi, I think that is a cool idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like to say that the people who are trying to help other countries out of poverty should look into the past. Every single modernized country today has went through a very similar sequence of events to get where they are. If we want to help them, then we should make the right steps to convert the poor into a modernized economy.

    Tanner, you make a good point. How could anyone be so cruel to treat another person that way no matter who they were brought up.

    Levi/Mr. Hinman, I think it would be a great idea to watch a video on the history of sports.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!