DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, February 18, 2013

American History (Blog #25)




Your Assignment:

I am going to open it up for debate on whatever topic you want to blog about. Pick a AMERICAN HISTORY related topic and state your opinion/thoughts on that topic. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!


Due: Sunday by no later than 11:59 p.m.

33 comments:

  1. The economy is a big topic to talk about. We are in debt, not as bad as when the Great Depresstion. But we are getting there. We need a leader like FDR to get us out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone knows we are in debt.. It's a bit frustrating that no one does anything about it.

      Delete
    2. Obviously Obama didn't bring us out of debt his first term, why would people think he could bring us out in his second term.

      Delete
    3. If we had a better president that could change the economy and try to lower the national debt, but none of this has happened.

      Delete
    4. The problem is our government. We have people in there who think it's wrong for America to be a superpower and want to bring us down to the same level as third world countries. Our president is one of them. I agree Michaela. If we're to have a Democrat as president, the least he can do is to be like FDR. And Obama is by far no FDR

      Delete
    5. Our government wants to fix our economy, but can't seem to agree on anything. If both parties could come together and agree on a few good ideas I think we'd be on our way to recovery.

      Delete
  2. Gas prices have risen so much over the years. I didn't really think that much about the price you have to pay to go somewhere. Now I am a driver and I also have to pay for my own gas. I really wish the gas prices were how they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I hate paying around $4 dollars for gas everytime I fill up.

      Delete
    2. It sucks because now we dont travel as much as we use to.

      Delete
    3. And the price has gone up quickly because about ten years ago, the price was at a low spot compared to now.

      Delete
    4. Gas prices suck I hate having to pay so much just to go somewhere. I heard prices were supposed to go down, but every time I look at the price it just seems to rise and rise. When will the prices go back down?

      Delete
    5. NO joke! Gas prices suck. Only a month ago they were about 3 dollars and now they're going up to 4.

      Delete
    6. I agree paying for my own gas sucks. I also heard that the gas prices were going to go down but they have yet to show an improvement.

      Delete
  3. During World War II, they were lost and didn't know what to do in this time of need and they relied on their president FDR who they put in office with confidence. So FDR had to help a depression and after the struggling economy came up WWII took another toll on the U.S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being FDR in these hard times to lead would be pretty hard. I think that this man did a good job with what he was able to do. We need another good leader.

      Delete
    2. You can definitely see why presidents age faster than other people. They have so much more stress on their shoulders.

      Delete
  4. The depression of 1929 is a very debatable topic. It all started on October 29th(Black Tuesday). Prices sank to a shocking new low as investors dumped over 16 million shares of stock on the market. My thoughts on this is that the depression could have ended earlier if people weren't as greedy and if there were nation wide cooperation to try to end it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Lane. People as a being need to stop being so greedy. They need to learn that what they do and don't do affect the world.

      Delete
  5. As everybody knows the U.S. is in a ton of debt. Our debt keeps rising with no end in sight. We are about to the point where budget cuts used as a punishment will go into use. If our government does not find a way to stop our increasing debt we will have budget cuts that will affect our defense, education, health care, and more. These cuts would not be good for the country. We need to agree on a plan to cut our debt so that these cuts will not go into use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Someone needs to step up and get us out. Everyone complains about but who will do something about it?

      Delete
    2. Yaa the budget cuts because of the deficit are getting pretty serious. Hopefully we can get out of this terrible debt.

      Delete
    3. I agree, but will we ever be out of debt?

      Delete
    4. I wholeheartedly agree with you Kaden. The problem is that everyone think's differently. Therefore the plans that we come up with do not work. It is a tough thing for the politicians to agree. It is truly a wonder on whether there would be something that they all would agree on.

      Delete
    5. I agree but what will get us out of our debt

      Delete
  6. Okay, here's food for thought. Does anybody else think the economy during the Depression sounds a little bit like the economy today? I mean, think about it. The economy was obviously bad in the 20s and 30s and, in all honest, it ain't doin' so hot in this day and age either. Of course the economy today is not as bad as it was during the Depression and the stock market hasn't crashed... yet. So maybe Americans actually DID learn something from the Depression... maybe. I really don't know; I'm just throwing that out there for something to think about. But what I do know is this: If we keep going down the path we are now by spending all of our money and not making GOOD budget cuts, America is going to be worse off than it was. Don't agree? Just think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree I believe we learned something from the last great depression. However, I think Americans don't understand how bad it would be if we went into another depression. We need to get our debt under control and fast.

      Delete
    2. I agree exactly Haylee. I'm also not going to complain to much just because i dont know if i could do any better.

      Delete
    3. I agree i think that even though we have already learned from the depression, we could still use it to keep a reminder of what not to do.

      Delete
  7. Well recently we had a presidential election. And Obama ended up winning. I am relating this to the Hoover and FDR election. And back the voters voted for who they thought would bring the economy back up. This is the same thing that happened in the last election. Though Obama did not win the popular vote he won the electoral votes. And to me it didn't matter who won. It was just a regular election progress for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today gas prices are skyrocketed. Almost to $4.00 a gallon especially in bigger cities. It got this high a few years back but im not sure it will ever get down to a reasonable price again and its going to cause more people to walk and use other forms of transportation which is good but then gas will keep inclining no matter what. we just have to learn to manage money and fill up especially when it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The economy in the 1920's is somewhat similar to the one we have today. It's not as bad but our economy still has room to continuously worsen. I hope for the best though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The economy is close to what it was in the 1920's. It is not as bad butit caused outragous gas prices. With gas being amost $4.00 a gallon it takes that much more money from americans that they dont have. Especially in bigger cities it has to be terrible. As a country we have to learn to take care of our money and spend it wisely.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!