1) Give your thoughts and opinions on the movie. Then respond to 2 of your classmates posts. (If your response is to brief, I will be taking points off of your grade).
1. My thoughts on Saving Private Ryan is that the plot is very unique, but since I know the ending, I will say that they are very valiant to try to save Private Ryan (Matt Damon) in this movie.
It does have a unique and interesting plot. It is a great movie. And I also think that Matt Damon did a good job in this movie. And I can tell that the ending is heading down to a sad path.
I agree, I'm kind of upset with Private Ryan for not going with the guy that came and got him. But i understand why hes staying and im very glad they all are staying and working together so they can all go home.
I can see what you're saying, Michaela. It seems kind of inconsiderate for Ryan to practically tell them off after they found him--I mean they lost two of their guys in the process! But I guess I'm not upset with Ryan. His actions--his wanting to stay with his company even when he has a free ticket home--mark him as a good soldier who would never leave his brothers (be they blood or not) behind.
1) So far I think that it is a great movie. Though some of the scenes are pretty gory. Which I think is impressive given the year that the movie came out. I also think that it is a really sad movie. And it's probably going to get more sad as I keep watching. And to think that the soldiers in the war actually go through this is even more shocking.
This movie is very gory and it makes it hard to watch. I like how we can see what really happened its better then just reading it out of the book. I hope there is a twist ending and everyone lives but i dont think thats going to happen.
I agree, Alberto. There are a lot of scenes that a pretty gory. But considering this is a war movie, that's pretty much a given. They're not trying to sugarcoat war, though I doubt very much that what we see on the big screen comes even close to what those soliders had to deal with in the real war. And all I know is that when Capt. John H. Miller dies... I'm gonna cry!
Grab the tissues, the sadness continues Alberto. But I agree for the given year this movie came out, the visual effects are fairly spot-on. On to the plot, it was their duty to serve and serve enough to get the right to go home. They did what they needed to do.
I agree that is impressive for the year it was made that they can do all of the effects like that. It is sad that our soldiers do actually go through this.
I agree that the movie is very gory, but that's how the war was and the movie wanted to show that. Its pretty crazy to think about what a lot of these men went through and what was running through their mind during the war. Life was tough during the war, but the allies pushed through and won the war.
It is a pretty sad movie. One thing i don't like seeing is a grown man cry. This movie showed a lot of that which just goes to show how emotionally intense the war was.
I love this movie. It has got me really intrested in World War II. I hate that people are dying but thats how it really happened. I really hope this movie turns out different becasue right now I'm not sure who is going to live or die.
I don't think this movie turns out quite the way anyone would expect. But the director did a good job of not sugar coating anything because that is the kind of stuff that really went on.
It's definitely an interesting movie--not the war part. After watching things like Band of Brothers and The Pacific and other movies like that, I've seen a lot about that. I mean it's interesting in the plot aspect. A group of soliders risking their lives to find one man a take him home? Not really a normal war movie. And then when they find Ryan and he fights--in fact, insists--to stay with his company... that makes you realize just what kind of relationships are made in war and what a true solider is.
I agree that Band of Brothers better displays how the soldiers survived and their actions toward the war, but this movie is still a good one. I think there is a bit of arrogance when Ryan declines his free ride home, but valiant all in all.
I thought he had great character to want to stay, like he said he didn't deserve to go home anymore than any of the others. And he was right, but he couldn't stay there.
I love this movie to Mik!! I agree that it has really got me interested in WWII. Seeing all the people die is really sad and pretty brutal. I think its pretty scary knowing that the war was actually like that. It had to have horrible psychological effects on those soldiers.
I found it very interesting to that with in a little amount of time Ryan had created a bond between his fellow soldiers and would die for them. I am sure that if I had to fight in those conditions and someone told me I needed to go home I would probably do it no questions asked. However, Ryan was brave and wanted to be with a group of soldiers that he considered to be his brothers.
For the little bit of the movie i watched it was very gory and i didnt really get to focus on what was happening because of the violence. I cant say i liked it to much.
The movie was really gory in the beginning and sort of throughout but the plot was really well planned! I loved the movie and the whole idea behind making it realistic so we as common people could understand the actual violence taking place. It's easy for us to sit there and say that yes we understand what those men have done for us and yes we understand what happened during the war. I think the movie was a real eye-opener! I feel that I have a better understanding of what was actually happening and I have a greater appreciation for all the soldiers out there.
Of course war movies are gory, but I like that it actually shows what war is about and how it actually happens. I really enjoyed the movie and the plot of finding the last Ryan brother.
I really enjoyed this movie. Shows me how violent it all was, I couldn't picture it but this movie helped me see it. The fact the story is based on real events is crazy, the difficult tasks they had to complete just to find Ryan. I was really mad that the Captain died and the translator lived. He didn't deserve too. If your in war you have each others backs no matter what. Even if you don't want to kill people its what has to be done to win and survive the war.
It is sad that people have to die. Sometimes the wrong people die and that isnt right. I honestly think no one should die because death is a terrible experience. I feel terrible that soldiers that we know and love are going through some experiences like this.
I really liked the movie. It seemed like it was a very good way to see the war in the perspective of a group of soldiers. It also showed the true realities of being in war. Things like gore and emotions were shown without reserve. It woulod take a lot of guts or courage or bravery or even fear to drive those men to do what they did.
i agree , i nlike all the gore, but it would take guts to go to war and fight . although if i was put with all my best friends i think that i could go and sever my country.
I couldn't even imagine what the men went through while fighting the war! It takes some really brave men to go out and serve their country. I also thought the movie did a great job making it so real to what really does happen in war.
I thought that this movie was really good actually. Its not what I expected at all. I think that the plot was a good one too. The only thing that I did'nt like about it was the ending.
Saving Private Ryan is a very interesting movie. It portrays World War Two the way it was. The movie is very graphic but that's how the war was. The war was very bloody and destructive, and I believe the movie did a good job on showing what the war actually was. The movie is very sad however many of the squad trying to save Ryan die in the process. In the end, Saving Private Ryan is a very good movie. It does a good job of showing the world how the war truly was.
i think that it was a very good movie and that showed what it was like to be at war. it showed what it was like to have a special bond with friends and what it was like to lose a friend in battle. i would like to finish the movie but what i saw it was very good.
I wasn't expecting the main mission to be saving the last Ryan brother. I didn't even know that there were missions like that in the war, where they just save one man. I'm sure that the mother is very blessed to have one of her sons safe and to know that her other sons made a difference. Watching this movie made me really sad to know that people actually go through combat like that. I am really thankful there are people fighting for us so that we dont have too, but just watching movies like this changes my outlook and perspective of the whole thing. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like.
Saving Private Ryan was a great movie! The introduction seemed strange at first but made sense in the end. All the fighting on Omaha Beach in the beginning made me feel sort of sick to my stomach. To think that the fighting actually happened in such a gruesome way is awful. To think of the psychological scars that had have been left on those men after that war is devastating. This movie really helped me see how violent a war it actually was. I'm not one to get into all the gory fighting and explosions and what not but I just couldn't stop watching!
Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!
1. My thoughts on Saving Private Ryan is that the plot is very unique, but since I know the ending, I will say that they are very valiant to try to save Private Ryan (Matt Damon) in this movie.
ReplyDeleteIt does have a unique and interesting plot. It is a great movie. And I also think that Matt Damon did a good job in this movie. And I can tell that the ending is heading down to a sad path.
DeleteI agree, I'm kind of upset with Private Ryan for not going with the guy that came and got him. But i understand why hes staying and im very glad they all are staying and working together so they can all go home.
DeleteI can see what you're saying, Michaela. It seems kind of inconsiderate for Ryan to practically tell them off after they found him--I mean they lost two of their guys in the process! But I guess I'm not upset with Ryan. His actions--his wanting to stay with his company even when he has a free ticket home--mark him as a good soldier who would never leave his brothers (be they blood or not) behind.
Delete1) So far I think that it is a great movie. Though some of the scenes are pretty gory. Which I think is impressive given the year that the movie came out. I also think that it is a really sad movie. And it's probably going to get more sad as I keep watching. And to think that the soldiers in the war actually go through this is even more shocking.
ReplyDeleteThis movie is very gory and it makes it hard to watch. I like how we can see what really happened its better then just reading it out of the book. I hope there is a twist ending and everyone lives but i dont think thats going to happen.
DeleteI agree, Alberto. There are a lot of scenes that a pretty gory. But considering this is a war movie, that's pretty much a given. They're not trying to sugarcoat war, though I doubt very much that what we see on the big screen comes even close to what those soliders had to deal with in the real war. And all I know is that when Capt. John H. Miller dies... I'm gonna cry!
DeleteGrab the tissues, the sadness continues Alberto. But I agree for the given year this movie came out, the visual effects are fairly spot-on. On to the plot, it was their duty to serve and serve enough to get the right to go home. They did what they needed to do.
DeleteI agree that is impressive for the year it was made that they can do all of the effects like that. It is sad that our soldiers do actually go through this.
DeleteI agree that the movie is very gory, but that's how the war was and the movie wanted to show that. Its pretty crazy to think about what a lot of these men went through and what was running through their mind during the war. Life was tough during the war, but the allies pushed through and won the war.
DeleteI agree it is shocking to see what they go through and how it can happen so fast and when you expect it the least.
DeleteIt is a pretty sad movie. One thing i don't like seeing is a grown man cry. This movie showed a lot of that which just goes to show how emotionally intense the war was.
DeleteI love this movie. It has got me really intrested in World War II. I hate that people are dying but thats how it really happened. I really hope this movie turns out different becasue right now I'm not sure who is going to live or die.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it turned out how you wanted it to. I mean mostly everyone did die. Which was sad. But it was a great movie.
DeleteI don't like that people died just like that and were ambushed, but that's how it happened.
DeleteI don't think this movie turns out quite the way anyone would expect. But the director did a good job of not sugar coating anything because that is the kind of stuff that really went on.
Deletei wouldnt know how it turns out becasue i didnt get to finish it but from what i have heard it turns out not how i had expected at all.
DeleteIt's definitely an interesting movie--not the war part. After watching things like Band of Brothers and The Pacific and other movies like that, I've seen a lot about that. I mean it's interesting in the plot aspect. A group of soliders risking their lives to find one man a take him home? Not really a normal war movie. And then when they find Ryan and he fights--in fact, insists--to stay with his company... that makes you realize just what kind of relationships are made in war and what a true solider is.
ReplyDeleteI agree that Band of Brothers better displays how the soldiers survived and their actions toward the war, but this movie is still a good one. I think there is a bit of arrogance when Ryan declines his free ride home, but valiant all in all.
DeleteI thought he had great character to want to stay, like he said he didn't deserve to go home anymore than any of the others. And he was right, but he couldn't stay there.
DeleteI love this movie to Mik!! I agree that it has really got me interested in WWII. Seeing all the people die is really sad and pretty brutal. I think its pretty scary knowing that the war was actually like that. It had to have horrible psychological effects on those soldiers.
DeleteI found it very interesting to that with in a little amount of time Ryan had created a bond between his fellow soldiers and would die for them. I am sure that if I had to fight in those conditions and someone told me I needed to go home I would probably do it no questions asked. However, Ryan was brave and wanted to be with a group of soldiers that he considered to be his brothers.
DeleteFor the little bit of the movie i watched it was very gory and i didnt really get to focus on what was happening because of the violence. I cant say i liked it to much.
ReplyDeleteThe movie was really gory in the beginning and sort of throughout but the plot was really well planned! I loved the movie and the whole idea behind making it realistic so we as common people could understand the actual violence taking place. It's easy for us to sit there and say that yes we understand what those men have done for us and yes we understand what happened during the war. I think the movie was a real eye-opener! I feel that I have a better understanding of what was actually happening and I have a greater appreciation for all the soldiers out there.
DeleteOf course war movies are gory, but I like that it actually shows what war is about and how it actually happens. I really enjoyed the movie and the plot of finding the last Ryan brother.
DeleteI really enjoyed this movie. Shows me how violent it all was, I couldn't picture it but this movie helped me see it. The fact the story is based on real events is crazy, the difficult tasks they had to complete just to find Ryan. I was really mad that the Captain died and the translator lived. He didn't deserve too. If your in war you have each others backs no matter what. Even if you don't want to kill people its what has to be done to win and survive the war.
ReplyDeleteI agree. I didnt realize how truly hard it was for them and this movie helped clear things up.
DeleteIt is sad that people have to die. Sometimes the wrong people die and that isnt right. I honestly think no one should die because death is a terrible experience. I feel terrible that soldiers that we know and love are going through some experiences like this.
DeleteI really liked the movie. It seemed like it was a very good way to see the war in the perspective of a group of soldiers. It also showed the true realities of being in war. Things like gore and emotions were shown without reserve. It woulod take a lot of guts or courage or bravery or even fear to drive those men to do what they did.
ReplyDeletei agree , i nlike all the gore, but it would take guts to go to war and fight . although if i was put with all my best friends i think that i could go and sever my country.
DeleteI couldn't even imagine what the men went through while fighting the war! It takes some really brave men to go out and serve their country. I also thought the movie did a great job making it so real to what really does happen in war.
DeleteI thought that this movie was really good actually. Its not what I expected at all. I think that the plot was a good one too. The only thing that I did'nt like about it was the ending.
ReplyDeleteSaving Private Ryan is a very interesting movie. It portrays World War Two the way it was. The movie is very graphic but that's how the war was. The war was very bloody and destructive, and I believe the movie did a good job on showing what the war actually was. The movie is very sad however many of the squad trying to save Ryan die in the process. In the end, Saving Private Ryan is a very good movie. It does a good job of showing the world how the war truly was.
ReplyDeletei think that it was a very good movie and that showed what it was like to be at war. it showed what it was like to have a special bond with friends and what it was like to lose a friend in battle. i would like to finish the movie but what i saw it was very good.
ReplyDeleteSaving Private Ryan is a great movie. It showed how gory the war truly was and didn't sugar-coat it.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't expecting the main mission to be saving the last Ryan brother. I didn't even know that there were missions like that in the war, where they just save one man. I'm sure that the mother is very blessed to have one of her sons safe and to know that her other sons made a difference. Watching this movie made me really sad to know that people actually go through combat like that. I am really thankful there are people fighting for us so that we dont have too, but just watching movies like this changes my outlook and perspective of the whole thing. I couldn't even imagine what it would be like.
ReplyDeleteSaving Private Ryan was a great movie! The introduction seemed strange at first but made sense in the end. All the fighting on Omaha Beach in the beginning made me feel sort of sick to my stomach. To think that the fighting actually happened in such a gruesome way is awful. To think of the psychological scars that had have been left on those men after that war is devastating. This movie really helped me see how violent a war it actually was. I'm not one to get into all the gory fighting and explosions and what not but I just couldn't stop watching!
ReplyDelete