1) The movie, "Lincoln" is about how president Lincoln is trying to pass the 13th amendment, stop slavery, and end the war. He spends the whole movie fighting to pass the 13th amendment and succeeds.
2) This was a really good movie. I liked it but sometimes couldn't understand what the people were saying. :)
1. The movie portrayed the life of Lincoln when he entered the white house as a president and how he worked on passing the 13th amendment.
2. I was amazed at how well the president was portrayed. It was so realistic and it looked like I was watching Lincoln in real life. I really interested by the different things that were shown and it helped me understand the civil war more.
1) Lincoln is about the civil war. It just shows how many rough times they went through. For example passing the 13th amendment. It also showed how Lincoln handled all of the situations. Many people disagreed with him, but he was only trying to do what was best for the union. 2) I thought the movie put things into perspective. I liked it because it helped me understand more of the hardships that Lincopln went through. I wish it would have showed more of the black people and what they did.
In the movie, it showed how President Lincoln had tried his best to pass the thirteenth amendment. It showed the reactions of the Democrats in the meetings for the vote to pass. Most of the Democrats didn't want the thirteenth amendment to be passed. They disliked it. Then, it was voted upon and the amendment was passed. After that, President Lincoln was shot.
The movie was a great movie. It really showed how Lincoln had tried his hardest to pass the amendment. It showed Stevens feelings for the amendment as well.
1.) The movie Lincoln was about the civil war, and how Lincoln was trying to pass the thirteenth amendment. It was a big struggle for him to pass is because the house had to pass it also and they had many trials and very long arguments. The Amendment obviously passes. The war was also a big struggle for people. Many soldiers ended up dying in the war. Lincolns son ended up joining the army. At the end it also explained how Lincoln was shot in the theater. 2.) I thought the movie was a great movie. It explained everything and I have a better understanding as to what went on in that time period. I would watch the movie again!!
1) The movie showed how and why president Lincoln worked so hard for the admenment. It showed the struggles that it took and the risks it took for him to get it. I really liked it because it showed how stressful it really was for those people. I mean some of those people almost looked sick because they were so nervous as to what would happen.
1) the movie just showed a lot of the debates, fighting, and killing that had to take place to basically get the admits passed to free the slaves. 2) I liked the movie, I think that you really got to feel how much stress there was at that time and how the president was reacting to the debates and how much Thaddeus Stevens wanted the bill passed
1.) "Lincoln" was about President Lincolns efforts to mend the Union, by ending Slavery. Stevens worked hard to help Lincoln past the 13th Amendment. 2.) I thought the movie was very good. It helped me to better understand what happened. I felt bad for Lincolns youngest son, who found out about his fathers death while at a theater show.
I also feel bad for his son. I feel like they knew he was at that theater so they could have found a little more subtle way to tell him of his father's death.
1.) the movie was pretty much about the 13th amendment being passed and all the struggles and things that had to happen for it to pass. I liked the movie, It me helped me to understand what exactly happened better.
1) The movie I think was awesome! Instead of just reading out of the book and getting many people opinions the movie showed what presidents Lincoln's life was like during this crisis. The movie showed a different view of the characters that we would of not of got by just reading out of the book. Also I learned more about the people that were a big part of the civil war and passing the 13 amendment and what there characters were really like. In conclusion I think watching the movie is very helpful and beneficial.
The movie Lincoln was about how president Lincoln was trying to pass the 13th amendment and all the politics involved. It talked about trying to get democratic votes and all the politics that go into that.
It was a good movie. My favorite part was when they were voting on the bill how nervous some people were.
1.) The movie was about the political aspect of the Civil War. It mostly depicted the efforts behind passing the 13th amendment, which was enacted to abolish slavery. In the end, Lincoln was assassinated, and the movie ended with a flashback of one of his speeches.
2.) "Lincoln" was a powerful movie in its portrayal of the president. The movie showed Lincoln being an intelligent and soft-spoken man, who would often randomly tell a story to lighten the mood of a serious situation. I had fun watching the movie, and regret that I missed a good part of it on Wednesday.
I agree with your opinion and it also gave me a better point of view of Lincoln because I didn't know that much of him before I watched that movie and came here to America.
The movie Lincoln is about the time during the American Civil War and to pass the 13th Amendment through the majority. The most time the movie shows the problems that it takes to get enough votes for the 13th Amendment.
I liked the movie even if i don't understood every thing because they talked to fast and i didn't know some of the vocables they used. All in all it was a good movie who was helpful to get a better point of view of the time during the civil war and the problems that it takes to pass the 13th Amendment.
1.) "Lincoln" is about the Civil War, mainly about the politics behind it. There were many, many debates and a whole lot of tension between parties because of them. Radical Republicans were desperately trying to get the 13th Amendment to pass so that the slaves could be free and the country would be on its way to peace again. Lincoln and those for him rounded up votes by persuading people. Towards the end, there was a huge vote, and the 13th Amendment was finally passed. And at the very end, Lincoln was shot, but he left a lasting legacy (obviously).
2.) I loved the movie, although I wish it wasn't so much focused on the politics. I enjoy war movies a whole lot more, but I suppose it is important to have a movie like this made so that we can really see what went on.
1) The movie "Lincoln" was about President Lincoln trying to get the 13th Amendment passed while dealing with personal issues also. 2) I liked that the movie didn't show just the political side of President Lincoln. Although some of the terminology was hard to follow, you could understand what was going on throughout the movie.
The movie Lincoln was about President Lincoln during the Civil War. He was trying to pass the 13th amendment and he succeeded. It basically showed all the troubles he and others went through during that time.
I liked the movie, it made things more clear to me as what happened then. I hated the part where the son found out about his dad in a theater by someone else, I felt so bad for him, and he shouldn't have been informed that way. but all in all it was a good one.
1) the movie was all about how Lincoln was trying to get the 13th amendment to pass and peoples opinions about it. It showed a lot of the debates to show how hard they had to work to get it to pass. At the end of the movie the announced that Lincoln had been shot.
2) I liked the movie a lot. It showed the inside view that no one really got to see or hear about it unless you lived during that time.
1) The movie Lincoln is about when Abraham Lincoln was the President, how he tried to pass the 13th amendment. It showed all of the work and debating he had to go through to get it passed. Soon after, Lincoln was assassinated.
2) The movie was very realistic and made me want to be there. It explained it very well and broke it down. It showed how hard it actually was then.
Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!
1) The movie, "Lincoln" is about how president Lincoln is trying to pass the 13th amendment, stop slavery, and end the war. He spends the whole movie fighting to pass the 13th amendment and succeeds.
ReplyDelete2) This was a really good movie. I liked it but sometimes couldn't understand what the people were saying. :)
3. I would agree. Some of the more extensive words they used I didn't know what they meant.
DeleteIt was indeed a good movie
DeleteI agree on sometimes I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I for sure understand it more now than I did just learning about it in the book.
DeleteI liked the movie to
DeleteI agree. It was somewhat hard to understand all that talk of politics and such. :)
DeleteI also agree that some of the times they talked in really non understandable language. Like using big words that was a bit hard to comprehend. :)
Delete1. The movie portrayed the life of Lincoln when he entered the white house as a president and how he worked on passing the 13th amendment.
ReplyDelete2. I was amazed at how well the president was portrayed. It was so realistic and it looked like I was watching Lincoln in real life. I really interested by the different things that were shown and it helped me understand the civil war more.
I agree! Lincoln in the movie looked exactly like the real Lincoln! So realistic.
DeleteTrue! the actor was spot on with that role :)
DeleteI thought I was watching Lincoln as if he was living today.
DeleteI agree with you at how realistic the movie was and that it helped understand exactly what had happened during that time.
DeleteThey really did do a fantastic job at making Lincoln look and act exactly the way Lincoln really would have. It made things seem so much more real.
Delete1) Lincoln is about the civil war. It just shows how many rough times they went through. For example passing the 13th amendment. It also showed how Lincoln handled all of the situations. Many people disagreed with him, but he was only trying to do what was best for the union.
ReplyDelete2) I thought the movie put things into perspective. I liked it because it helped me understand more of the hardships that Lincopln went through. I wish it would have showed more of the black people and what they did.
I agree that it put things into perspective for me. I kinda wish it would have shown what black people went through also!
DeleteI agree. The movie made it a lot easier to understand Lincoln's views on slavery and the civil war.
DeleteI agree! It really helped me understand Lincolns presidency.
DeleteIn the movie, it showed how President Lincoln had tried his best to pass the thirteenth amendment. It showed the reactions of the Democrats in the meetings for the vote to pass. Most of the Democrats didn't want the thirteenth amendment to be passed. They disliked it. Then, it was voted upon and the amendment was passed. After that, President Lincoln was shot.
ReplyDeleteThe movie was a great movie. It really showed how Lincoln had tried his hardest to pass the amendment. It showed Stevens feelings for the amendment as well.
3. Agreed!! I was blown away by how accurate and realistic the character was for Stevens!
DeleteI thought it was cool that stevens was in the movie and actually played a role in it.
DeleteI agree that it was a great movie. It really did show how much it took to get the 13th amendment passed. :)
Delete1.) The movie Lincoln was about the civil war, and how Lincoln was trying to pass the thirteenth amendment. It was a big struggle for him to pass is because the house had to pass it also and they had many trials and very long arguments. The Amendment obviously passes. The war was also a big struggle for people. Many soldiers ended up dying in the war. Lincolns son ended up joining the army. At the end it also explained how Lincoln was shot in the theater.
ReplyDelete2.) I thought the movie was a great movie. It explained everything and I have a better understanding as to what went on in that time period. I would watch the movie again!!
I agree I also learned a lot from this movie.
DeleteI love how realistic it was! It made it seem like they were filming the real deal!
Delete1)"Lincoln" was about the politics behind the civil war and struggle to abolish slavery.
ReplyDelete2)It was slow in parts, but in the end I learned a lot.
I thought it was fast in parts when it often skipped crucial points in the story to simply fast forward to the aftermath.
DeleteI also agree with chase that we learned a lot from watching the movie and gave us more background on the civil war and passing the 13th amendment.
DeleteYeah I agree with Chase some parts were a little slow and got a bit boring.
Delete1) The movie showed how and why president Lincoln worked so hard for the admenment. It showed the struggles that it took and the risks it took for him to get it. I really liked it because it showed how stressful it really was for those people. I mean some of those people almost looked sick because they were so nervous as to what would happen.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the movie to. I liked what that one guy said about how Lincoln looked 10 years older than he was a year ago.
DeleteI agree that some of the people looked almost sick while waiting for the voting to be finished or even while they were voting.
DeleteYeah they did some of those people were so nervous.
Delete1) the movie just showed a lot of the debates, fighting, and killing that had to take place to basically get the admits passed to free the slaves.
ReplyDelete2) I liked the movie, I think that you really got to feel how much stress there was at that time and how the president was reacting to the debates and how much Thaddeus Stevens wanted the bill passed
Thaddeus Stevens' motivation behind wanting the amendment passed was an interesting plot point.
DeleteI liked it too, you really got to see the toll the war took on president Lincoln.
Delete1.) "Lincoln" was about President Lincolns efforts to mend the Union, by ending Slavery. Stevens worked hard to help Lincoln past the 13th Amendment.
ReplyDelete2.) I thought the movie was very good. It helped me to better understand what happened. I felt bad for Lincolns youngest son, who found out about his fathers death while at a theater show.
I agree with you that the movie was good and helped to understand the situation better.
DeleteI also feel bad for his son. I feel like they knew he was at that theater so they could have found a little more subtle way to tell him of his father's death.
Delete1.) the movie was pretty much about the 13th amendment being passed and all the struggles and things that had to happen for it to pass. I liked the movie, It me helped me to understand what exactly happened better.
ReplyDeleteI agree it showed different points of views from each character in the movie that we would not of gotten by just the book.
Delete1) The movie I think was awesome! Instead of just reading out of the book and getting many people opinions the movie showed what presidents Lincoln's life was like during this crisis. The movie showed a different view of the characters that we would of not of got by just reading out of the book. Also I learned more about the people that were a big part of the civil war and passing the 13 amendment and what there characters were really like. In conclusion I think watching the movie is very helpful and beneficial.
ReplyDeleteThe movie Lincoln was about how president Lincoln was trying to pass the 13th amendment and all the politics involved. It talked about trying to get democratic votes and all the politics that go into that.
ReplyDeleteIt was a good movie. My favorite part was when they were voting on the bill how nervous some people were.
I agree the nervous people were comical.
Delete1.) The movie was about the political aspect of the Civil War. It mostly depicted the efforts behind passing the 13th amendment, which was enacted to abolish slavery. In the end, Lincoln was assassinated, and the movie ended with a flashback of one of his speeches.
ReplyDelete2.) "Lincoln" was a powerful movie in its portrayal of the president. The movie showed Lincoln being an intelligent and soft-spoken man, who would often randomly tell a story to lighten the mood of a serious situation. I had fun watching the movie, and regret that I missed a good part of it on Wednesday.
I agree with your opinion and it also gave me a better point of view of Lincoln because I didn't know that much of him before I watched that movie and came here to America.
DeleteThe movie helped learn more about Lincolns personality, instead of just a guy in a history book.
DeleteThe movie Lincoln is about the time during the American Civil War and to pass the 13th Amendment through the majority.
ReplyDeleteThe most time the movie shows the problems that it takes to get enough votes for the 13th Amendment.
I liked the movie even if i don't understood every thing because they talked to fast and i didn't know some of the vocables they used. All in all it was a good movie who was helpful to get a better point of view of the time during the civil war and the problems that it takes to pass the 13th Amendment.
1.) "Lincoln" is about the Civil War, mainly about the politics behind it. There were many, many debates and a whole lot of tension between parties because of them. Radical Republicans were desperately trying to get the 13th Amendment to pass so that the slaves could be free and the country would be on its way to peace again. Lincoln and those for him rounded up votes by persuading people. Towards the end, there was a huge vote, and the 13th Amendment was finally passed. And at the very end, Lincoln was shot, but he left a lasting legacy (obviously).
ReplyDelete2.) I loved the movie, although I wish it wasn't so much focused on the politics. I enjoy war movies a whole lot more, but I suppose it is important to have a movie like this made so that we can really see what went on.
Yeah, I wasn't to big on the political side either, but it was good.
Delete1) The movie "Lincoln" was about President Lincoln trying to get the 13th Amendment passed while dealing with personal issues also.
ReplyDelete2) I liked that the movie didn't show just the political side of President Lincoln. Although some of the terminology was hard to follow, you could understand what was going on throughout the movie.
I agree, it was neat to see kind of "behind the scenes" of Lincoln's life.
DeleteI agree, it was mostly about politics but it did show his sons and a little into what his family went through.
DeleteThe movie Lincoln was about President Lincoln during the Civil War. He was trying to pass the 13th amendment and he succeeded. It basically showed all the troubles he and others went through during that time.
ReplyDeleteI liked the movie, it made things more clear to me as what happened then. I hated the part where the son found out about his dad in a theater by someone else, I felt so bad for him, and he shouldn't have been informed that way. but all in all it was a good one.
I agree, new like that should not be yelled out like that. I'm sure there was a better way to handle that and everyone would still have found out.
Delete1) the movie was all about how Lincoln was trying to get the 13th amendment to pass and peoples opinions about it. It showed a lot of the debates to show how hard they had to work to get it to pass. At the end of the movie the announced that Lincoln had been shot.
ReplyDelete2) I liked the movie a lot. It showed the inside view that no one really got to see or hear about it unless you lived during that time.
1) The movie Lincoln is about when Abraham Lincoln was the President, how he tried to pass the 13th amendment. It showed all of the work and debating he had to go through to get it passed. Soon after, Lincoln was assassinated.
ReplyDelete2) The movie was very realistic and made me want to be there. It explained it very well and broke it down. It showed how hard it actually was then.