DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

American History (Blog #26)




Your Assignment:

I am going to open it up for debate on whatever topic you want to blog about. Pick a AMERICAN HISTORY related topic and state your opinion/thoughts on that topic. Then look around at your classmates blogs and comment/reply to their post. Agree/disagree, let them know your opinion/thoughts on their topic. Make sure you pick out 2 of your classmates and respond to their post. (You will get 1 point for your post, and 1 each for your responses to your classmates.) Good luck!


Due: Sunday by no later than 11:59 p.m.

51 comments:

  1. The American History event I am choosing is when Lincoln helped with trying to desegregate everything. It showed that people can actually look at other races equally. Just because their skin is a different color doesn't mean you can treat them different or not respect them. You could be like his or her best friend and you wouldn't even know it if segregation still existed today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that this is a great thing! It is nice to know that not everyone only sees what is on the outside. Although I feel like whether any one thinks it or not, there is still a little bit of segregation in certain people. It is not as bad as it used to be, but many people judge the color of peoples skin on their own.

      Delete
    2. yeah it was probably a good thing he got rid of segregation

      Delete
    3. Although segregation still exists today, it is not as widely spread. People are not being forced to sit in certain places, or not allowed to go into restaurants because of their race. It is great that the amount of Segregation is lower that it once was.

      Delete
    4. I love this topic especially. ;) My brother and sisters are obviously much much darker than the rest of the people in this town, but I couldn't imagine life without them!! They bring so much life to the party. ;) They are absolutely no different than us; they just happen to have a different color of skin.

      Delete
  2. Obama is trying to decide whether to take a bunch of Americans out of the war in Afghanistan right now. In many ways I think this is good. Families can be reunited, and many will be saved from death. I also think it could be bad. It could mean that eventually we will drop out of the war completely and to me that makes the US look weak. It would also cause them to attack us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. maybe we just leave a few men and women over there just to be sure things stay under control.

      Delete
    2. I also agree if we take all the men and women out of Afghanistan then that could open the U.S to more attacks.

      Delete
    3. I also agree that some troops need to stay over there and keep things under control. Cause we don't want them coming to America and starting stuff over here.

      Delete
    4. I think it is great that he is trying to bring troops home!

      Delete
  3. Obama is planning on bringing all the troops home by December. I think this is a great idea because we are not really needed over there any more. We got the people that we needed to get and now we should buzz out and leave those people to figure it out for themselves. All we are doing is wasting money and resources by trying to stop a bunch of gorillas. I do believe though that we need to leave some soldiers over there just to be sure nothing gets out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Clayton we need to bring everyone back

      Delete
    2. You say we arnt needed, but if we back out, they may have a civil war.

      Delete
    3. That's true but we are just post poning the civil war. I mean its bond to happen some time.

      Delete
    4. I think it would be a great thing to bring everyone back, but I also believe that anything could happen and if we pull completely out of the war something bad could happen.

      Delete
    5. uhh I think we would spend more money if we leave then 1 year later we half to join in on another war.

      Delete
    6. I also think that some soldiers should stay over there.

      Delete
    7. I agree on bringing home some troops, but not as many as they are planning on now. It could be an easy target for something bad to happen.

      Delete
  4. I choose world war 2 as my topic because I think it was a very good thing we got involved. For one thing Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and made us very angry so they got everything that was coming to them, and it was good we went and helped in Europe because they probably would have lost without us and Hitler was doing some messed up stuff to Jews and people over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree if we had not stepped in thee war, we could very well not be here saying the things we are saying.

      Delete
    2. I agree. Japan sure learned what goes around comes around! And if we didn't help Europe I might be speaking German and kicking a soccer ball around right now.. and I don't think id like that!

      Delete
    3. I agree that it was necessary for that the Americans helped out in Europe because otherwise Germany would probably have taken over whole Europe.

      Delete
    4. I agree that is was good that we got involved. Yes it made us very angry when japan attacked Pearl Harbor.

      Delete
  5. obmama wants to raise the minimal wage. I think that this is not a good idea because I think that it would bring into much money then with all this new money coming in the price of living will half to go up to kind of even the money out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the price of living is already out rages and if they upped the minimal wage that will just help the cost of living sky rocket.

      Delete
  6. With Obama Planning to pull troops out of Afghanistan, we could be pulling the US at risk. Obama is threating to pull ALL US troops if the Afghan president does not sign an agreement that will keep several thousand troops there. This could lead to a civil war in Afghanistan. I think its a good idea to pull all the troops if Karzai does not sign the agreement. Without his agreement, we could not leave troops and feel confident in afghan security.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If he wont sign then we need to pull our troops out.

      Delete
  7. For my topic I am choosing the affordable health care act. Many people are upset with it, but I think it is good because it helps lower income families get treatment when they need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that it helps families that don't have as much money.

      Delete
    2. I disagree, my parents have looked at it seeing if it would work for my family and it is more expensive for just the 2 of them versus the whole plan for my entire family now. plus it won't cover the health bills from my medical problems.

      Delete
    3. no it does not. it will cause more you half to start off by paying a little bit at a time. but if you go to the doctors then the price will go up and you still half to pay a little bit of the doctor bill depending on why you went

      Delete
    4. I disagree, actually. That health care plan has brought more issues to our country than I can count. They say there'll be huge benefits....NOT! Earlier, very few people could actually get it, and now they are forcing it on them. Now that they have it, their privileges are very limited.

      Delete
  8. 1) Since America is in huge debt right now the government is planning on cutting a lot of our troops from the army. I don't think this is such a great idea. I think it will be ok to cut some of our military cost but not as much as they want too. To get out of this debt we are going to have to cut cost from other things too and if you ask me the army is pretty important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that if we cut the troops, the only good thing would be that we cut some costs. Our military is good sized and we might need every single one of them in the future.

      Delete
  9. I would like to have a blog/ debate about Edward Snowden and his actions. If you support his action or do you see it more as a crime? Because I think he did the right thing, people have the right to know that the government is spying on them. Furthermore I don't think the Government should have the right to spy on their own people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically! I don't believe that it is ok for the government to do that, its socialistic and it violates everything our government stands for!

      Delete
    2. I agree 100%. We should know if we are being watched.

      Delete
    3. The government shouldn't spy on people in the first place. They don't have to have control over every single thing that we do.

      Delete
    4. We have a right to privacy. Every last thing that we do does not need to be monitored.

      Delete
    5. I agree we should have privacy, and not have the government watch our every move. It's not right.

      Delete
  10. The problems that face USA today like, the war on terrorism, high unemployment rate, having a weak economy, bankruptcy and more. It was like the what everyone did to Hoover when he was president, and its just how the economy plays out. There really is not one person to blame, and I don't think it is just his fault, its our entire government's fault!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The topic I'm choosing is when George Washington slaughtered the Ailens with his wooden teeth. I'm choosing this topic because George was our best king ever. He had a very nice mullet and he gave the people of Arm-a-rica hope of defeating the nuns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my topic is the affordable health care act. I think it could be good and bad. Yes I feel like it will help some that need it. but I also feel like all the kinks are not out of it yet. It could use a lot of fixing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also agree. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed.

      Delete
  13. The (real) topic that I'm choosing is WWI. I believe that the United states could have stayed out of WWI if the German ships wouldn't have targeted our ships. The United States wanted to stay out of the war and the other countries pulled us in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely we could have stayed out of the war if certain circumstances hadn't pulled us into it, but if our reinforcements hadn't been in France at the time that they were, wouldn't Europe look a lot different than it does today?

      Delete
    2. I totally agree that we could have stayed out if others weren't trying to hard to pull us in. Although if we hadn't joined how much would history have changed?

      Delete
  14. The topic that i choose is Obama care. It has been a mess ever since it started and is not affordable as they say it should be. Obama said that people would be able to keep their insurance that they already had and then came out and said that they couldn't. It has been a disaster from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The topic I chose was Obama bringing home our troops from Afghanistan. I think it all depends on if Afghan President Hamid Karzai signs the agreement or not. It could be a good thing for our troops to come home and be with their families, also for Afghanistan to be more independent. But at the same time it could be a bad thing too, creating a new war.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My topic is the Civil War. I believe this war could have been avoided if the South were just willing to stop terrorizing a race of human beings. This took a large toll on our country, but it also moved us one more step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Obama In Office:
    What good has Obama done while in office?? Absolutely none! He speaks of the unemployed getting jobs, dropping our countries debt, assuring us that he will make the right decisions for us, etc. None of it has happened! More and more people are continuing to lose their jobs, the debt is higher than ever before, and don't even get me started on heath care! "It is more affordable than ever, and the benefits are great!" says Obama. Yeah, right! That reform has caused more troubles for our citizens than I can count! My message: Obama should not be in office at all.

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!