DON'T FORGET, it is your responsibility to find time to finish your blog each week. If you are going to be gone, look ahead and find time to work on it. At home, computer lab, before school, AR, lunch break, after school, etc. DON'T FORGET!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Monroe Doctrine (Blog #5)

We have been discussing the events leading up to the Civil War. One topic of major U.S. historical impact is the Monroe Doctrine. Your assignment is to state your opinion on the significance of the Monroe Doctrine with regard to U.S. History. Then, once you have completed that find two other opinion's by your classmates and respond/reply to their blog.

*Make sure you state who you are responding/replying to. (Ex. To Robert,)*

Due by: Sunday 9/27/09 no later than 11:59 p.m.

25 comments:

  1. I agree with the monroe doctrine because it wouldn't be fair for somebody else to take over your country or territory. The way I see it, the united states wouldn't have as much territory as it does if we didn't have the monroe doctrine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The significance of the monroe doctrine was that it was very important. It was very important becauase it kept European countries from trying to take more land. The United States might not have the land that they have today if it wasn't for the monroe doctrine.

    I agree with Denton's blog in what he said was that we wouldn't have as much land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The significance of the Monroe doctrine was that it kept our lands OUR LANDS. No european interference was tolerated. If the europeans HAD been able to impede on our lands, they likely would have tried to take some of our land. With time, they might have succeeded. Also, with an attempt on our lands, we probably would have broken out in war with european nations...again.

    To Denton: I agree with your opion that if we didn't have it, our lands could be smaller than they are today.

    To Robert: I agree with robert that the Monroe Doctrine was very important to this country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Stephen: I agree with what you said that the Monroe Doctrine helped to keep our lands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with monroe doctrine b/c it not right to take over some one land

    ReplyDelete
  6. The significance of the monroe doctrine was that it was very important. It was very important becauase it kept European countries from trying to take more land. The United States might not have the land that they have today if it wasn't for the monroe doctrine.

    To Stephen: You are exactly right David Hasselhouf. Monroe doctirne was significant of keeping out lands!

    To Denton: Denton very good choice in words on this blog. You were right on the dot with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Steve O, His opinion is good.

    I agree were robo to, the significance of the Monroe Doctrine was important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the monroe doctrine was very important because with out it the united states might not have as much land and be as powerful

    i agree with robert and stephen that the monroe doctrine is important because wto it european countries might have more land and that it prevented a war

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Monroe Doctrine was very important in preventing another war against Europe. I think that the fact that we said any attempt to revive old colonies or start new ones would be dangerous to our peace and safety, means that we can and will beat the tar out of you if you come on our land. That is why i second Stephan and Roberts blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the Monroe Doctrine because if we would have let Europe expend in the Americas then right now we could be ran by Europe instead of our own country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Monroe Doctrine is important because i feel that if we would have let Europeans make new colonies on our soil we would not have that land that they settled on, and would have probably started fighting again.
    To Stephen I agree with you about the starting another war.
    To Denton i agree with you about it not being fair for someone from another country to claim a peice of our land that we just got done fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the Monroe Doctorine, because it kept European invaders off of American territories and said if they tried we would start a war. Also we might not have as much land if the Monroe Doctorine wasn't introduced.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Monroe soctrine was very significant in the growth of the United States. If we didnt intervene in the Europeans quest to take over the continent, the united states would lokk much differnet than today.

    I agree with Denton, the look of our country today would look much different if we didnt create the Monroe Doctrine.

    I also agree with stephen, because a conflict with europe would have been enevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. To Stephen: I agree that if it didn't happen we would have the land we have today.

    To Logan: If we were under different rule we might not have the power we have today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also agree with Robert and Denton, the Monroe Doctorine was very significant and we mmight not have as much land if we didn't have it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would not like it if somebody just up and took over the country. The point of the monroe doctrine was to keep European countried from terying to take more land.

    i agree with robert and stephan, both of you put a good imput into this..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that the Monroe Doctrine was right to have, because the Europeans shouldn't have to come over to other territories that have already been claimed. If someone else already has the land, they shouldn't want to fight for it.

    To Trisha: I agree it was right to have to keep from more fighting

    To Logan: I agree with him because we might not be living in the US we are now

    ReplyDelete
  18. The significance of the monroe doctrine was very important stuff. The Europeans were trying to get our land. If they would have got it we would not have the land we have today. So the Monroe Doctrine was a very important thing.

    To Denton: I agree with not having as much land if that wouldn't of happened.

    To Stephen: I agree with the Monroe Doctrine it kept our land our land!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I believe that the monroe doctrine had a important role in the land we have today. Without it the european countries might have considered taking our land.


    To Robert: I agree with you a 100%. The monroe doctrine was very important.

    To Stephan: Great Answer!! I agree all the way. The monroe doctrine made us have our lands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the monroe doctrine was to protect the U.S. territroy

    i agree with you robert it is important to protect our land.

    i agree with you stephen it is improtant to prevent conflict with europe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree very much with the Monroe Doctorine because taking over countries is not very fair.

    To Robert, i agree with you when you said that we wouldnt have the land we have today.

    To Denton, i agree with you when you said that other counrties would have tried to steal our land if we didnt have the Monroe Doctorine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. the monroe doctorine was very important. it prevented European from taking more land.we wouldnt have the land that we do now if it wasnt for the monroe docterine.

    stephen, i agree with you that we would have just fought europe again.

    robert, i agree that it was very important to what we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The significance of the monroe doctrine was that it was very important.I agree with the monroe doctrine because it wouldn't be fair for somebody to take over your country.

    To Denton: Denton very good choice in words on this blog. You nailed it very well!

    To Dyl: you nailed it name i like your opinon!

    ReplyDelete

Remember this is 3 test grade points! Answer the questions fully and completely. 3/3=100%, 2/3=66%, 1/3=33%. Failure to complete blog or a violation of blogging rules will lead to a 0/3=0%. It is your responsibility to complete the blogs sufficiently and on time. Your blog grades are updated on the grade web page. Make sure to check your grades often!